BMW R1200R Forum banner
2221 - 2240 of 2253 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts
Some TLC and applied with lots of elbow grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts
While I am in the after trip TLC once-over my Givi V47 top box needs a bit of sorting as well. On my trip, the top box lock was being a little troublesome - unlocking was and hit n’ miss. I dismantled, cleaned and a generous puff of graphite lock powder to reseat the tumbler wafers (btw top box lock is set to the bike's key). I also decided to fit a cargo net secured to the lid. Just helps to have an organisation for the light stuff like sunnies, first aid, cap etc. Turned out ok IMHO - no biggie just a little nice touch.

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts
Does say a “minor thing”- I shredded my rear tyre on my recent trip so it was time for a new Road Pilot 5.

Reactions: r0ckrat

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts
That aroma...

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200R
120 Posts
I have upgraded and farkled galore. But, the latest thing I did was install the Wunderlich brake lever extension.
Before installing it my foot slipped off the brake lever a couple of times. Nothing resulted other than being annoyed and a bit surprised.
It installed without modifications, its very well made and makes all the difference in the world! Great simple upgrade. Be safe.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
A while ago I fitted the Knight Design lowered pegs which made a massive difference for leg comfort however the brake adjustment was limited and was awkward to use intuitively. Today I fitted the Wunderlich foot brake lever lowering kit (31430-313) which drops the brake about an inch. Must be the cheapest part on their catalog and has corrected the position. Before and after.

View attachment 111159 View attachment 111160
Did you get the Knights Design Sidetrax tread for the R1200R? I’ve read that the left side hits the center stand.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did you get the Knights Design Sidetrax tread for the R1200R? I’ve read that the left side hits the center stand.
I have the sidetrax and whilst the peg itself doesn't touch, my heel did contact it. I put a temporary spacer (a few washers) to lower the position of the centre stand and now only notice it when standing on the pegs.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I washed the bike and put the panniers on. Getting ready for a trip next week 🙂

·
Registered
5,262 Posts

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200R
120 Posts
I have not. I'm good with the oem pegs.

·
Super Moderator
3,036 Posts
Replaced my cracked Sports cracked screen with the OEM touring screen that Ive had in the parts bin for a few years. I carefull removed the MRA wind deflector and mounted onto the Touring screen. I’ve tested it out for turbulence, but I’m hoping the Nigel scoop, screen spacers and MRA should be okay. However, as far a the station - I like the overall look. Should be a little protection from the winter chills.
Sports Screen

New Touring Screen Installation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk he

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,507 Posts
How did you crack the Sport screen, @mikeS? (Did Nigel get catty and scratch it?)

Reactions: mikeS and sturgeon
2221 - 2240 of 2253 Posts