BMW R1200R Forum banner
2261 - 2280 of 2318 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
The rheostat for my Clearwater Erica's has failed and I just removed it from my custom mount. I've sent pictures to Clearwater and they will send a replacement.
Without the rheostat they can be pretty rough on oncoming traffic.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant Vehicle
Adapter Ac adapter Adapter Computer keyboard Cable

·
Registered
2020 R1250R in Pollux Metallic Matte
443 Posts
Not sure it's a "minor thing," per se, but I just had my 6000-mile service done yesterday. I only had around 5300 miles on it, but I wanted to get it done early before the bike's winter hibernation here in chilly Washington State so I didn't have to worry about it early into next year's riding season. 'Sides, it'll be very close to 6000 miles before it gets put away.

The striking thing to me, though, is that after several years with a bike (a '16 FJR1300) that I didn't really click with, putting 6000 miles on it over the span two riding seasons (plus another 1500 this summer on my other bike) was testament to just how much I'm enjoying this bike...in contrast, I put less than 5000 miles total on the FJR over three riding seasons (never did use it for touring as I'd imagined).

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200R
146 Posts
Not sure it's a "minor thing," per se, but I just had my 6000-mile service done yesterday. I only had around 5300 miles on it, but I wanted to get it done early before the bike's winter hibernation here in chilly Washington State so I didn't have to worry about it early into next year's riding season. 'Sides, it'll be very close to 6000 miles before it gets put away.

The striking thing to me, though, is that after several years with a bike (a '16 FJR1300) that I didn't really click with, putting 6000 miles on it over the span two riding seasons (plus another 1500 this summer on my other bike) was testament to just how much I'm enjoying this bike...in contrast, I put less than 5000 miles total on the FJR over three riding seasons (never did use it for touring as I'd imagined).
When I hear the term "riding season" it reminds me how fortunate those of us that live in warmer climates are. The "riding season" is 12 months long. Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ever since I brought home my Couch Rocket (R1250RT) my poor roadster has been feeling neglected having only put on about 2000 miles this season. So today I gave her a nice bath followed by a nice rub down and coat of wax. Tried using this new fangled ceramic hybrid wax from Meguiars. Have to admit the color really pops! I also put a coat on previously mentioned RT and my car. If it lasts a decent time, I have found my new wax. Went on very easy by hand and buffed out with micro fiber cloths again by hand. These pics are at the end of my street on the shore of Lake Erie. Overcast day and the color still pops niceley! Finished by topping off tank and putting Stabil in as it might not get ridden again before winter.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Rick G

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks amazing rickg!
What I did today was even less minor, if there is such a thing. I took the roadster out with a buddy on his GS and found some beautiful B roads in Heath and Colrain, MA.
Even with all the rain we've had, there is still lots of color in the trees. Bright yellow beech and birch and deep rust color to the oaks. Heated gear was required.

·
Registered
2016 r1200r
27 Posts
Set up looks GREAT bobthekelpy.

Let us know what you think AFTER the removal of the sport screen, as I am debating to do the same on my 2010, but can't make up my mind.
FWIW, I removed my screen on my '16 r12r. I got tired of the buffeting from both the Puig sport and touring screens. Was surprised to it buffet-free and perhaps more comforable, as long as you're keeping it at 75mph or lower. I'll put the touring screen back on for longer journeys but for daily riding, consider me sold on a screen-less ride.

@bobthekelpy - nice looking r12!

·
Registered
Africa Twin's and a BMW or two
97 Posts
Swing arm bearings ,lubed splines, changed rear hub oil.
Changed tyre's pilot 5's .
One of the front wheel bearings was gone so had to sort them.
Changed the break pads while I was at it.
All sweet at 55k miles.

·
Registered
799 Posts
This morning I took off a couple of panels and repaired a connection for one of my fog lights. This weekend I'm going to try and install my older Sykik dual-camera system... Pics of the install and process to follow as it progresses.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Got the camera system installed . Still working on final angle of the front cam. Pics are of the "brain" and mounting locations of the cameras. It's an old system, the clock is stuck in 2013... will share a video later.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Beatrice - 2020 BMW R1250R Exclusive in Pollux Metallic Matte
234 Posts
Installed a customized license plate on my R1250R :cool: Also had TFT software updated to 022_007_020

Automotive mirror Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Plant

·
Registered
50 Posts
After riding home in a steady rain last week, I expected colder weather and figured riding season was over, so plugged it into a battery maintainer. Since today was a beautiful sunny day with temperatures in the low 70's, I gave it a good cleaning and took it for a short ride. Bottom line, jonesing for nicer weather for my commute to work.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Adjusted the front camera so that both the fender and steering damper show, so I think it's good for now. Here's a short sample (camera saves every 2-3 minutes).

·
Registered
799 Posts
New front rubber and pressure sensor today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2261 - 2280 of 2318 Posts