BMW R1200R Forum banner
2441 - 2453 of 2453 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Today was pre-trip service day. Changed oil and filter, checked air filter, change final drive fluid, changed brake fluid, put in a new battery, and put on a new rear tire. 14,758 miles, and the 2nd anniversary of purchase. Also the 9th anniversay of purchasing my first bike. A good day.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
See you at the rally, have a safe trip

·
Registered
2012 R1200R
116 Posts
Installed new EBC semi sintered rear brake pads, then I washed the bike, then I rode the bike.

·
Registered
2012 R1200R
116 Posts
This week I replaced the front Pilot 4 with a new one at just shy of 11K miles.

While the wheel was off I noticed the pads needed replacing, so I installed EBC HH pads on both calipers. I also figured it was a good time to attach the Fender Extenda I picked up last year. Finally, I replaced the right fork seal, along with he fluid, which had been leaking since I got the bike last year. I was surprised at how clean the old fluid was 41K miles, every fork I've serviced had black, nasty looking fluid, even with low miles. The fluid was also lower than I expected considering how small the leak was compared to the .64 liters the fork takes.

Just took a shake down ride and not sure if it's my imagination, but the front end feels like velvet, the bike just floats down the road.

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,551 Posts
I’ve found on some bikes that the air trapped when replacing the cap acts as an additional spring, until it dissipates to normal operating volume.

Reactions: v-rider

·
Super Moderator
3,262 Posts
Gave LC a wash to clean all the crud from last weekend's 3-day trip and a visual check-over. Looks so good so I decided to head off for another 3-day trip tomorrow - all packed and ready for an early start.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, this week I took off those bloody Givi head guards, you know, the ones that protect the cylinder head covers in the event of a fall. After nearly falling three times because my trousers catch on the bloody things when i stop and put my feet down grrrrrrrrrr…………Ironic or what🤪
Anybody want some Givi head guards, they’ll be very cheap……I’ll put the money to some MachineArt versions😎

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Ordered fresh EBC HH pads F&R late last week. At 21k miles the fronts are getting pretty thin. Will install next weekend.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikeS

·
Super Moderator
3,262 Posts
Minor thing - Repaired the GoPro mount and swapped my GoPro 7 cage. Before my last trip changed the GoPro plastic cage for a metal SmallRig metal cage. The cage is top quality but such a pain to open with two little thumbs. I swapped the SmallRig for a Ulanzi metal cage with a snap-in retained latch and so easy to remove the GoPro.

I like the aspect mount position gives good context to the videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I put the “last” windscreen onto my bike, a VStream Sport. I have the mounting hardware from my medium Sport/Tour which I use with an MRA X-Creen Tour spoiler, so the shield only was $150US. The taller combo blocks the wind to the top of my helmet but generates turbulence around the head and shoulders. The short screen blocks the wind up to my chest, leaving my helmet in smooth air, which is nice. It’s very noisy though with my modular Shoei Neotec II. I haven’t tried it with my full face GT-Air. Maybe that will be quieter. I don’t take long trips so I’m unna try to get used to the shorter screen. I was thinking about the CalSci screen which looks quite wide and tall enough but I don’t think it would be stable on the stock mounting bracket.

Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
3,262 Posts
I put the “last” windscreen onto my bike, a VStream Sport. I have the mounting hardware from my medium Sport/Tour which I use with an MRA X-Creen Tour spoiler, so the shield only was $150US. The taller combo blocks the wind to the top of my helmet but generates turbulence around the head and shoulders. The short screen blocks the wind up to my chest, leaving my helmet in smooth air, which is nice. It’s very noisy though with my modular Shoei Neotec II. I haven’t tried it with my full face GT-Air. Maybe that will be quieter. I don’t take long trips so I’m unna try to get used to the shorter screen. I was thinking about the CalSci screen which looks quite wide and tall enough but I don’t think it would be stable on the stock mounting bracket.

View attachment 116567
Nice looking screen setup @Dougl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Fresh brake pads all around. The fronts were defitely due, the rears were OK, but I replaced all to keep the same compound pads all around.

Almost 21k US miles before changing.

Tools and all pads. Channel lock pliers with a piece of wood to retract pistons.

Rear pads, still have 2-3mm of material, original Brembo pads.

Right front, the worst of the bunch, no wear bears on one pad. Original Brembos.

Left front, one wear bar fading. Brembo.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Purchased the OBD Link LX, installed the MotoScan app on my phone and reset the service interval. I paid the $49 for the plan with the most features; to be played with at a later date. I do my own maintenance, so this is a great tool to have.

2441 - 2453 of 2453 Posts