BMW R1200R Forum banner
2461 - 2480 of 2481 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Great question. I guess I think of them as different jobs. But, thanks for the reminder, I just did check them and I'm pretty sure I saw wear bars reflecting off the rotors. I think I can get the rest of the season out of them.

Reactions: r0ckrat

·
Registered
233 Posts
I put the “last” windscreen onto my bike, a VStream Sport. I have the mounting hardware from my medium Sport/Tour which I use with an MRA X-Creen Tour spoiler, so the shield only was $150US. The taller combo blocks the wind to the top of my helmet but generates turbulence around the head and shoulders. The short screen blocks the wind up to my chest, leaving my helmet in smooth air, which is nice. It’s very noisy though with my modular Shoei Neotec II. I haven’t tried it with my full face GT-Air. Maybe that will be quieter. I don’t take long trips so I’m unna try to get used to the shorter screen. I was thinking about the CalSci screen which looks quite wide and tall enough but I don’t think it would be stable on the stock mounting bracket.

View attachment 116567
@Dougl
Do these mirror extenders work with the stock mirrors ? and if so - could you possibly include a link to them ?

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,696 Posts
Have you tried simply cleaning the current seals, @r0ckrat? I had the same symptoms and ordered a set of All Balls seals, thinking the originals were on the way out. A good clean, and the new seals have remained in the cupboard for years.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Have you tried simply cleaning the current seals, @r0ckrat? I had the same symptoms and ordered a set of All Balls seals, thinking the originals were on the way out. A good clean, and the new seals have remained in the cupboard for years.
I have not, but it's time for a full fluid change anyway. I have heard the all balls run tight...

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 R1200R, K27, Light-grey Metallic
199 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good idea to cover the headlight to keep the flies off. I've never seen something like this. Maybe a tearoff foil like on a helmet visor could work too, I think.

·
Registered
2007 R1200R
5 Posts
Good idea to cover the headlight to keep the flies off. I've never seen something like this. Maybe a tearoff foil like on a helmet visor could work too, I think.
It's a rigid polycarbonate lens, installed by PO. I wasn't too keen on it at first, but seeing the number of cracked headlight posts, I'm now inclined to keep it mounted.

It's held on by six stiff hook-n-loop dots. This gaps it from the headlight slightly, a benefit for impact absorption I suspect, so larger rocks that might crack the protector won't end up breaking the headlight anyway (maybe). Also makes it removeable for cleaning both sides.

RS

·
Super Moderator
3,317 Posts
90k service and a new set of Michelin Road 6 boots for LC.

Need to go for a test ride - all packed for a 5-day test ride in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,696 Posts
90k service and a new set of Michelin Road 6 boots for LC.

Need to go for a test ride - all packed for a 5-day test ride in the morning.
Hmmm, 90k hey. Next thing you’ll be overtaking me.
In a couple weeks I’ll notch up a further 4k+ round trip to Phillip Island MotoGp to keep you at bay a little longer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Changed the oil and filter at 3,000 miles instead of the recommended 6,000 miles. I couldn't see waiting for the extra 3,000 miles to elapse. The result is a smoother shifting and smoother running machine. I wonder what the recommended interval in Germany is.

·
Super Moderator
3,317 Posts
Hmmm, 90k hey. Next thing you’ll be overtaking me.
In a couple weeks I’ll notch up a further 4k+ round trip to Phillip Island MotoGp to keep you at bay a little longer.
That sounds like a plan PZ although I might wander down to this year's Moto GP myself.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Last week I flushed and refreshed the oil in the forks, and replaced one seal. FYI - DON'T do it the way it's listed in the Haynes manual (seating the seal and then inserting the tube) as it just does not go back in. I ended up destroying a brand new seal and then doing it with a seal-hammer (slides on the inner tube). Wasted a seal in the process ($$$ Ouch!!! $$$) I still need to write to Haynes about it...

(Use something similar to this: https://a.co/d/b8mFELP )

·
Super Moderator
3,317 Posts
Actually, @Panzermann, I think I should go to this year's MotoGP if only to make certain those trackside officials are not sleeping on the job.

Reactions: Panzermann

·
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,696 Posts
Actually, @Panzermann, I think I should go to this year's MotoGP if only to make certain those trackside officials are not sleeping on the job.

It’s my Army training, Mike - it taught me to take a kip at any opportunity (except in class, where it would swiftly earn unwanted Extra Drills).
Hair Hairstyle Photograph Facial expression Muscle

Reactions: mikeS
2461 - 2480 of 2481 Posts