BMW R1200R Forum banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
@JPC IRL it's a bagel basket absconded from a cafe I used to frequent. Before that, I tried a baker's rack but it looked like a hockey goalie's mask. The bagel basket is the perfect diameter and secured with wire-ties.

It's part of my Roadster > GS ensemble. I like to pretend I'm on an ADV bike.

C6E283D7-0402-45D9-AC3F-85C2F7C135DD.jpeg

Ride on!

·
2,967 Posts
Yes, a bit of GS in every RR while losing a tooth filling or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yes, a bit of GS in every RR while losing a tooth filling or two.
On the rugged Denali Hwy, AK USA a few years back, two GS bikes flew pass me so I decided that wasn't right and picked up my pace. After hitting two potholes and bottoming out my forks each time,I decided to let them win the race as fear of blown fork seals rendering me incapacitated in the wilderness wasn't going to be a victory.

·
2,967 Posts
The video doesn't do that justice on how rough that track was. On my trusty GPS, it didn't look all that bad. The further I tried to push on the worst the track got. I was sure relieved at the end of that section of gravel. Not something I would want to do again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Africa Twin's and a BMW or two
39 Posts
@JPC IRL it's a bagel basket absconded from a cafe I used to frequent. Before that, I tried a baker's rack but it looked like a hockey goalie's mask. The bagel basket is the perfect diameter and secured with wire-ties.

It's part of my Roadster > GS ensemble. I like to pretend I'm on an ADV bike.

View attachment 111345

Ride on!
Improvise,adapt overcome to quote gunny Highway !
Why spend a fortune?
Love it!😅

181 - 186 of 186 Posts