BMW R1200R Forum banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I didn't go very far, but having just bought my bike in June I had considered many possibilities for winter protection. And today I drove it into its new inclement weather home.

12x16 vinyl sided shed from Kloter Farms in CT. It seemed big when I was shopping wish I could have gotten a bigger one now that it's here.

·
2,750 Posts
I have had my eye on weather forecasts this week and looks some heavy rain and thunderstorms developing tomorrow and for the next four day. I decided to take advantage of the good weather today and take LC out for the day. Hill End was the route for the day with a hope for a diversion to do one lap of Bathurst - Mount Panorama, but I had to scrap that idea as I spent too much time goofing off during the day.

First, Lithgow and my go-to Cafe The Tin Shed. This place never disappoints the coffee and foods is top-notch. Smash Avo with feta and a not too runny poached egg - Did I say so good?

After brunch, I headed off via Lithgow to Castlereagh H’way to Sofala and Hill End.
A couple of pix during the ride:

Most all enjoyable day out and managed to cover just under 600k for the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalku

·
2,750 Posts

·
2,750 Posts
On Thursday’s ride to Hill End I was greeted in the village by group of school children. I’m not cretain why I received such a warm welcome - very strange. Got this clip from my bikes dashcam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
5,679 Posts
On Thursday’s ride to Hill End I was greeted in the village by group of school children. I’m not cretain why I received such a warm welcome - very strange. Got this clip from my bikes dashcam.
They recognise talent when they see it, Mike.

Reactions: mikeS

·
2,750 Posts
I added the sound effects for a bit of fun. It had me puzzled, but I'll run with your theory as it's better for my ego than - you ”IDIOT” no vehicle access while school excursions are in progress...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Got out for a quick local ride today after voting; a day after our first snow day.

1.jpg

2.jpg

11/3/20, NE Ohio USA

·
Registered
264 Posts
Took the R to get groceries at lunch. Used the "Passenger" D-ESA setting to get home - had her well-laden... All 3 boxes and the pillion full.

·
2,750 Posts
Went for a longish ride on LC yesterday covering just over 650km round trip. Lots of Zig Zagging between the Southern Highland and the South Coast in search of a few twisty roads still on my bucket list. My route for the day (without all the diversions) would take me from my home base in Sydney's inner west down the Pacific H'way to Batmans Bay and then up Kings H'way enjoying Clyde Mountain twisties.

Braidwood was my planned lunch stop and "the Boiled Lolly" tea house. Typically I wouldn't give a cafe like this a second thought. However, a mate of mine who also happens to a country town classic salad sabo (sandwich) connoisseur suggested I at least give the little tea hose a try. I must say, whilst not on my top 5 list (@Mint) was at least a worthy of being included in my top 10 and as an added the bonus the cappuccino (extra how - no chocolate) was outstanding.

I enjoyed a relaxing lunch and 1/2 hour or so watched the world go in Braidwood that is I decided to head off for home via Goulburn road to Tarago and then via Bungonia and homeward bound via the boring M5. But first, I stop off and a look-see at the Braidwood - car model.

The road to Tarago and Bungonia was well worth the extra clicks added to the days route.

·
5,679 Posts
I trust you kept to the new 80 km/h speed limit between Tarago and Bungonia, Mike ... 😉

BTW, that cappuccino with no chocolate looks more like a flat white to me (perhaps with a little more milk froth?). 😄

·
2,750 Posts
I trust you kept to the new 80 km/h speed limit between Tarago and Bungonia, Mike ...

BTW, that cappuccino with no chocolate looks more like a flat white to me (perhaps with a little more milk froth?).
Always comply with posted speed limits, PZ. However, do get confused from time to time - no sign, no limit?
Must look into that one day.

Coffee... a Cappucino without chocolate powder is known a badly.

·
5,679 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
@mikeS Noted and filed. Now although it was white bread I'm going to make an exception - that bread looked like it had just come out of the oven, soft and fluffy as a cloud. 🌥 And the ingredients looked pretty pleasing too, right down to the thin layer of cheese, present, but not overbearing. I'd give that an 8/10.🏅

·
2,750 Posts
I would say that your assessment and score is pretty accurate, considering it was a virtual review. But I expect nothing less from a man like yourself @Mint with a keen eye for sandwich filling details & taste buds to boot. While the untrained eye would miss it - canned beetroot is a mandatory requirement. Oh, yes, the bread - no fancy-schmancy Turkish or wholemeal toffy nosed bread from the big smoke just locally baked fluffy square white loaf.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Beautiful fall morning in NE Ohio USA today.

1.jpg

Delivering e-waste: 2005 iMac G5 PowerPC

2.jpg

First lake

3.jpg

Photoping local still-life

4.jpg

Second lake

5.jpg

Last stop for an apple/caramel pie from the local apple farm.

Ride on!

·
5,679 Posts
I'm surprised we haven't had a post by one of our US colleagues riding his/her Roadster to the polling station ...

101 - 120 of 120 Posts