BMW R1200R Forum banner

Where did you go today on your Roadster?

296K views 3K replies 221 participants last post by  The Dogfather 
#1 ·
Still waitin for delivery of my bike plus a recent op on my shoulder and hand is gonna keep me out of saddle for a while but will enjoy readin your adventures plus pics.

#2 ·
Enjoying the window of sunshine

Yesterday I took my R1200R out with my wife up to Carter Lake; up in the mountains just west of Loveland, CO. It was sunny and about 65 degrees and absolutely beautiful. After that I came home, exchanged out my BMW sport windshield (size of a pancake) and installed my new Cee Bailey 21" touring windshield. It made a world of difference and I plan to leave it on indefinitely.

The temperature has dropped from yesterday and the weatherman is predicting rain and snow tomorrow. Glad I took advantage of the opportunity to ride when I had the opportunity.

Attachments

#2,133 ·
Enjoying the window of sunshine

Yesterday I took my R1200R out with my wife up to Carter Lake; up in the mountains just west of Loveland, CO. It was sunny and about 65 degrees and absolutely beautiful. After that I came home, exchanged out my BMW sport windshield (size of a pancake) and installed my new Cee Bailey 21" touring windshield. It made a world of difference and I plan to leave it on indefinitely.

The temperature has dropped from yesterday and the weatherman is predicting rain and snow tomorrow. Glad I took advantage of the opportunity to ride when I had the opportunity.
Damn shame they stopped making them.

#3 ·
Well... i'm so pleased you asked!

Actually nowhere today, 04/01.

Daytona on 03/30 looking for a pair of gloves at Hot Leathers. Stopped in at the Ducati/BMW/Triumph dealership just to ogle the goods.

Then to a little joint named Sleepy Hollow near Floral City, FL on 03/31.

Sorry guys, I didn't take my camera! Suffice it to say the high temp for the day was 83 degrees Fahrenheit... hehehe...

All in all put on about 300 miles this weekend.

#4 ·
35 and dropping into the 20's on Planet Chicago. F-word.

#5 ·
I play photo tag. Its New York state wide, so someitmes It takes a long ride to stay in the game. I have been waiting for the decente weather to ride This year its killing me. Saturday was predicted to go up to 50*f. I put on double riding gear. My BMW riding pants with tourmaster overpants (rain pants). A Red Icon riding jacket and another riding jacket over that one and off I went. Heated grips with an assortment of gloves. It was 42 when I Left at 10:30 AM.

Off to buttermilk falls 138 miles by google which means at least 150 the way I go. I rode down the east side of cayuga lake (one of the finger lakes). I got to Ithica with the gauge showing 8 miles to empty and its extremely accurate. Filled up and off to buttermilk falls.

This is the tag shot. I needed to drop a new tag, so my girlfriend told me about the torture tree near Geneseo.

Look up the info on that place, its pretty grusome..

300 mile day it never got over 50*f and my first ride of the year was a long one. I had a blast and got some of that "I gotta ride" out of my system.

We not have snow and 24*f so I am driving an old rusty ford to work.

David

#6 ·
I commuted into work today, first commute of 2013. Roads are in decent shape and my commute is 90% highway and 10% back roads. The distance is 47 miles each way.

It was a chilly morning at 30F when I left. I was wearing my BMW Tourance 2 suit with liner in, a T-shirt and a long sleeve thermal riding top. I was also wearing my BMW Allaround 2 gloves in conjunction with the heated grips.

The ride was enjoyable and it motivates me to go to work :)

#8 ·
In the crisp 35°F air, I took it for a drive to several locations where my employers have offices to take photos and test out my new Olympia Airglide gear to see how the insulation worked.

Sunny day was great for both the drive and the photos.

#11 ·
That's sort of like taking the bike to McDonald's everywhere else, yes?

#10 ·
Went bicycle riding today, but last Sunday I arose and ascended to the garage for the first ride of year on the R1200R I bought late last year and did not get to ride much.

A cruise down old 66 to Atlanta Il to break bread at a restored 1940s dinner before the church goers got there was next. Then a ride through the countryside following the Kickapoo river.

It was a time to give thanks for all the blessings of a great motorcycle. Amen.

Attachments

#12 ·
We had a pretty nice weekend but, I had a birthday celebration in DC and at last minute my wife decided to come, so put the bike gear aside and got the animals ready to ride in the cage Friday afternoon. Really nice weather down in the DC area too, all I could thing about is riding, until Sunday when we came back, cold and raining all the way home. I was so happy we took the cage.

#20 ·
Just to keep your mouth watering, we went a few hundred miles today. Weather never got over 45*f but I wore 2 complete riding suits.

We stopped for pancakes and real maple syrup.

Then we followed the GPS for the "Shortest Route" for a while. Got my R dirty.

Good day in all.

#21 ·
Well I've been out for the first ride shouldn't of really but couldn't resist, was only 60 miles but shoulder and hand was hurting no point in undoing good work surgeon done. Ride was nice and smooth no twitchy throttle like me SM-T, exhaust is quite need to get baffle out lol. Sports screen works up to speeds of 80-90 mph roads where dirty so didn't wanna push her too hard will save that for another time.

#24 ·
Wilmington NC to Southport

Yesterday I rode from my home in Wilmington, North Carolina down to Southport. The movie Safe Haven was filmed there last year and it is a nice scenic area. On the way back I stopped by the Wilmington riverfront and snapped a few photos. I doubt if anyone on here watched the show One Tree Hill, but this spot on the river was a frequently used set in that show, and is the home of the Battleship NC Memorial. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how using an iPad.

#26 ·
Night Touring

My night touring partner rode his R100RS. Destination was about three hours by expressway and half an hour on the twisty mountain backroads.

Sorry the bike photo is too dark. The cherry tree looks great by day.

It takes on a different atmosphere by night.

Some hot noodles and green tea make the cold ride home bearable.