BMW R1200R Forum banner

Where did you go today on your Roadster?

296K views 3K replies 221 participants last post by  The Dogfather 
Haven't had a good long ride on the beast for a few days now, temps have been 40ºC or more here in Sydney, just too hot to make it enjoyable. Tomorrow is looking like a good ride day thankfully, will probably to the West Head, Akuna Bay and Church Point loop.

My overall average is 4.8
Seems around the norm for consumption.

Panzerman, I have a question if you could indulge me for a moment.

I'm prepping my bike in order to do the November Snowy Mountains cancer charity ride. Living in the Nth of Sydney I'm wondering if you can give me some tips on a nice route down to Canberra?

I've driven it many times and it's as boring as bat guano, so if you could let me know of a bike friendly route i'd appreciate it. Still haven't planned my exact route other than I'm looking at 2 nights stop overs, one down and one back with the option of more stop overs if I get too knackered.

@Panzerman, so very pleased you got the opportunity to say a fond farewell to OEJ, our stately old Queen of the skies in Canberra. Lovely pics, thank you. Her last flight to Victorville in the Mojave desert in California departs Sydney on Wednesday, 22nd July at 2:00 pm and she'll be doing a final flyover of the city. I still fondly remember seeing the very first 747 doing a flyover in Auckland as a very young fellah way back in 1971...
Now back to normal BMW transmission...
I came to Australia from the UK back in 1971 on Qantas' very first Jumbo which was named The City of Canberra or City of Canberra...one of the two, I remember seeing the stairs up to the upper level of the Captain Cook lounge, all very posh for a 11yo kid from Sunderland in the N.E of England. After multiple stops, we arrived in a very wet and miserable Sydney town. The irony is that I spent many of my working years based on the Jet Base at Mascot ,and the various admin buildings and terminals keeping all of the airlines IT systems ticking along, and yes this went back all the way to mainframe systems, unique airline checkin and ticketing systems to modern network infrastructure. I have very fond memories of those years. I got to go onboard the Qantas super constellation aka Connie, a Concorde that was undergoing maintenance, touched the very top of a Jumbo's tail fin in hanger 96, climbed all over a massive USAF Starlifter and an Antanov 124. So many awesome memories of those days.