BMW R1200R Forum banner

2001 - 2009 of 2009 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Roundtrip to Pittsburgh, PA USA; 219mi, 5hr 10min.

Pitt 1.jpg

Pitt 2.jpg

Pitt 3.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
I gotta get out today. Work has been slow and stuck at house not doing much. Seems my plans rely too much on others.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 R1250R HP
407 Posts
First 70F day of the year, I rode in to work, at lunch several guys swapped to their bikes, had a Tiger 1200, Kawasaki Ninja 650 and even a Harley in the parking lot for the afternoon.

At lunch I took the R to Girly's Grill

For country fried chicken on mashed potatoes with sausage gravy and corn. I forgot to photo my food, not really used to the new tradition I guess.

If you're ever in the Palmer MA area, my sympathies, but try Girly's for breakfast or lunch. She does breakfast anytime, anyway you want it. Huge burgers (I wasn't man enough to finish a double burger) and a variety of rolling specials.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
I scored an invite to the local Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club ride yesterday. Conditions were cool with the threat of rain in the late afternoon, so we took a long winding path from Mildura to Wentworth for a feed at the pub. As with most vintage clubs, the old bikes tend to be in the shed in various states of repair, so there was an eclectic mix of more modern bikes on the ride.

Although I'm not usually a fan of group rides, these blokes ride safely and the only time they put a knee down is when they kneel down to look for oil leaks under the bikes. It was a nice leisurely meander through some back roads and a good chat over a sugar-free coke and a warm chicken salad...Just kidding! I had a chicken schnitzel drowned in dianne sauce and a strawberry milkshake.

As the sky darkened, we donned out riding gear and headed off home. I managed to pull in the garage just as the rain began to fall.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Roundtrip to Erie, PA USA. 264.2mi, 6.25hrs.

erie pa 1.jpg

erie pa 2.jpg

erie pa 3.jpg

erie pa 4.jpg

Ride on!

·
Registered
2020 R1250R
14 Posts
How about starting a new ongoing Thread titled “Where did YOU go today on your Roadster”, following the style and format of the very popular Thread “What have YOU done to your R today…”, now at >1000 posts?

Much of our individual riding, I’m sure, is short day-riding, or maybe a day or two on the road. Other longer/ multi-day/ interstate/ intercontinental trips are catered for elsewhere here.

Anyway, just a thought – and here am I pretty hot and sweaty and dishevelled, just back from a very early ~190km circuit to the W of Brisbane. The 5.45am start was intended to dodge the promised heat, threatened to reach 39ºC + (that’s 104ºF). When I rolled back into the garage around 9am it was already at 31ºC (88° F).:crying:

While out riding the past few times I’ve been reflecting on the differences and similarities of the pre-LC Roadster and the LC version. I’ll try to cobble together some thoughts when I’ve cooled down!
I'm in, Lawrence. Here in Québec, there's a winter tire law, whereby cars have to have winter tires from Dec.1st to March 15th. That means bikes can't be out legally between those dates - unless they put on winter tires... (Yes, they actually exist!) I don't, so this past weekend was my first opportunity to ride, and so I rode about 250 km's yesterday to bring the bike back home from where I store it, at my daughter's place in the country. So, just out for couple of short rides today, to get the cobwebs off both me and the bike. Who am I kidding? The cobwebs were blown off yesterday; today was just because! No particular destination; just anywhere to feel that fabulous motor underneath me. The roads are still too sandy and gritty for all-out enjoyment, but any riding is better than no riding!

Later - stay safe!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Panz, here in California, we just replace the old Summer-Air with fresh Winter Air. Topping off works ok, too.
But Summer Air is notoriously unreliable in the Winter time. Does Oz really have those regs? There are places in the USA where that would spark an armed rebellion, and well, you've no doubt heard....

The trick is to remain below the snow line in the mountains, and get some good long underwear.

Of course we had a pitiful rainy season this Winter, so we'll be having to don our fire-proof suits any day now.

My solution for mud, rain, snow, flying trees is an 8000 lb, rolling version of the Exxon Valdez. "Beulah". It makes a nice companion to my wife's ChevyBolt EV.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Roundtrip to Cleveland, OH USA: 193.3mi, 6.40hrs

Cleveland 1.jpg

Cleveland 2.jpg

Cleveland 3.jpg

I merged three of the lesser-than routes from a "Best of Ohio Motorcycle Roads" website suggestion: 1) Riverview Rd thru Cuyahoga National Park; 2) Valley View Parkway to Cleveland; 3) Hwy 534. It was slow going north to Edgewater View Park for scenic pics of Cleveland city, and also going east on the Lake Erie Coastal Ohio Scenic Byway all the way to Hwy 534. Once on Hwy 534 I could hold steady for good bits at 70-75mph blasting thru Amish Country.

Ride on!

2001 - 2009 of 2009 Posts