BMW R1200R Forum banner

2021 - 2033 of 2033 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I reckon the GOR is best done starting from Warrnambool as you did - I did it mid week and barely saw anyone in the busy tourist areas. I learnt the hard way a couple of years earlier doing east to west on a public holiday...

·
2,967 Posts
Yeah, I agree with you @daaef way too busy from other end. I took this photo on 2nd March 20 - not a tourist bus or caravan, I had the road to myself. I think this was just as we closed borders to international arrivals and before the NSW COVID lockdown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: momchilk

·
Registered
484 Posts
Saturday went looking at used cars, and the missus picked one for me to look at way out in the desert. We ended up buying that one. After the long hour and a half slog out on freeways, I opted to take the scenic route home. I stopped for lunch at a cantina (Mexican restaurant) and had a small tostada salad with beef before cutting into the canyon roads.

From Palmdale back to Long Beach via Aliso Canyon, Angeles Forest hwy, Angeles Crest Hwy, and then another bit on freeways in heavy traffic. Much better than the freeways all the way home in the reverse. Over the mountain was approximately 50 miles of sweeping turns and twisty bits. Roughly 185 miles for the day. I strained my back the weekend before, so I was happy to finally be home...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Roundtrip to Zanesville, OH USA: 292mi, 7hrs
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Ride on!

·
Registered
48 Posts
So, not today but tomorrow... I will be going down to Chula Vista for the Total Control ARC level 1 course. I have about 16 years riding experience bit most of it on an HD prior to getting my R, not that I didn't do some "spirited" riding on that too. The roadster is obviously MUCH more capable though.

I am definitely looking forward to the class though, and am excited to see what I can gain from it. I will post back with thoughts on the experience afterward.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So, not today but tomorrow... I will be going down to Chula Vista for the Total Control ARC level 1 course. I have about 16 years riding experience bit most of it on an HD prior to getting my R, not that I didn't do some "spirited" riding on that too. The roadster is obviously MUCH more capable though.

I am definitely looking forward to the class though, and am excited to see what I can gain from it. I will post back with thoughts on the experience afterward.
Valley City Oh

Barn find...:p

Then over to the cruise in Brunswick:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Went to Redstar Raceway to grab a cup of coffee with my dad while looking at the riders doing laps around the track with all sorts of motorcycles.

Redstar Raceway is right next to the N12 highway, halfway between Johannesburg and Witbank, where myself and my parents reside respectively. This makes for a quick 65km ride to meet. We just need to do it more often.

I was one of the early birds at 08h30, but the place filled up quickly from 09h00 when the racing started.

·
Registered
484 Posts

Looking forward to hearing about your experience, I have yet to take ARC1.

2021 - 2033 of 2033 Posts