BMW R1200R Forum banner
2041 - 2060 of 2083 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,089 Posts
Due to the cooler weather, I had a later start yesterday but still cover 400ish km for the day. From my inner west side to the blue mountains via the bells line of road (BLoR)RIDE TO LIVE
stopping off at The Grumpy Baker at Bilpin for hot coffee and a sneaky apple turnover...yum!

Feeling well satisfied I continued my route via BLoR down the very step mountainous descent to Lithgow. Good thing I had my trusty heated vest because it was so cold. Although I didn't travel too far, I need another coffee. I made a beeline fit my go-to cafe The Tin Shed Lithgow, but as I approached I decided to give other coffee a miss. Anyone travelling the Lithgow area, I highly recommend this place - a great place to kick back and the coffee and find is top-notch.
From Lithgow, I cruised The Castlereagh Highway and onto Bylong Valley Way-Kandos-Rylstone and then the shortest way home.
I took a fair bit of GoPro footage but I had a Micro SD card failure so no additional images to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Africa Twin's and a BMW or two
66 Posts
Due to the cooler weather, I had a later start yesterday but still cover 400ish km for the day. From my inner west side to the blue mountains via the bells line of road (BLoR)RIDE TO LIVE
stopping off at The Grumpy Baker at Bilpin for hot coffee and a sneaky apple turnover...yum!

Feeling well satisfied I continued my route via BLoR down the very step mountainous descent to Lithgow. Good thing I had my trusty heated vest because it was so cold. Although I didn't travel too far, I need another coffee. I made a beeline fit my go-to cafe The Tin Shed Lithgow, but as I approached I decided to give other coffee a miss. Anyone travelling the Lithgow area, I highly recommend this place - a great place to kick back and the coffee and find is top-notch.
From Lithgow, I cruised The Castlereagh Highway and onto Bylong Valley Way-Kandos-Rylstone and then the shortest way home.
I took a fair bit of GoPro footage but I had a Micro SD card failure so no additional images to post.

Out of curiosity.
What constitutes "cold" in Australia?
Today was 18-20 celcius and 6 celcius in the morning.
Last week it was 12 celcius
Mind you it's been the coldest wettest May in a while.
Just to put a context on things 😃.

·
Super Moderator
3,089 Posts
I am a bit soft when it comes to winter but for me 3 to 5C is cold. In parts on my morning ride, it was between 3 to 5c but with the wind chill factor, it felt colder. I live in an urban area of Sydney and 7c would an arctic blizzard.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am a bit soft when it comes to winter but for me 3 to 5C is cold. In parts on my morning ride, it was between 3 to 5c but with the wind chill factor, it felt colder. I live in an urban area of Sydney and 7c would an arctic blizzard.

Crisp morning then as we would say up north!
And yeah 3-5 is cool enough!

·
Super Moderator
3,089 Posts
Yep, brass monkey...

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,047 ·
I guess I'm about 1000km north of mikeS. Tomorrow - first day of what is laughably called 'winter' in these parts - we expect a top of 22 deg C (72 F), overnight low 11 deg C (52 F). Personally I hate being cold, whether it be out on the bike, walking the dog, or just around the house. I doubt I'd survive in some of those northern climes!

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
NYC Parks are now allowing permitted group events. These are the first bicycle races held in the region for 16+ months. Photos are from Central Park on June 5, 2021 for the CRCA club race. Frequently riding forward while looking backwards, as usual. I completed the formal certification as a moto official at an in-person multi-day Northeast Regional USA Cycling seminar just a week before the pandemic shut everything down in 2019, so this was my first time to use the OFFICIAL blue vest at an event.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Roundtrip to Jamestown, NY (Lucille Ball Memorial Park) USA: 357mi, 7.5hrs.
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Sky

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Plant Sculpture Statue Tree Dress

Ride on!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
It was yesterday actually, but I rode to BMW Motorrad Cleveland, Ohio USA to purchase another quart of synthetic dinosaur blood.

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Land vehicle

Ride on!

·
Mark – 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
6,669 Posts
2041 - 2060 of 2083 Posts