BMW R1200R Forum banner
2121 - 2126 of 2126 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
My sister recently acquired herself a CBR600RR and my dad a V-Rod a while ago. So we went on our first 2 day road trip doing the Panorama route in Mpumalanga, South Africa.

The route consisted of plenty of mountain passes with an array of corner types. I did just over 800km over the two days.

On day 1 on the Long Tom pass there was a super car event with the cars travelling opposite to us. We were treated with stunning views of nature and with everything from McClaren, Ferrari, Porche etc.

After the two days with all the passes my cornerning skills and confidence saw an improvement. Below are some pics of our trip in no particular order.
Ecoregion Map World Line Atlas

Ecoregion Map World Line Atlas

Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

Wheel Sky Tire Fuel tank Cloud

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
Headed to Costa Mesa for the IMS Outdoors motorcycle show. Test rides filled up fast, so didn't get to ride anything. Not as many vendors as previ[us years but a big turnout anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 R1200R
54 Posts
Rode up along the coast of New Hampshire which is a beautiful road with many banked corners which is usually choked with slow moving summer traffic, but today it was empty!

Cloud Sky Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Stopped for a coffee in Portsmouth NH, parked next to a guy with a new 1200GSA and chatted for a bit, a minute after that guy left this guy pulled in on a new NineT, more chatting. Heated gear made for a great 140 mile day even though it never broke 50 degrees F.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
737 Posts
Rode up to Newcomb's Ranch via Big Tujunga Canyon, Angeles Forest Hwy, and Angeles Crest Hwy with friends today. Chilly in Long Beach but sunny and warm up at Newcomb's.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2121 - 2126 of 2126 Posts