BMW R1200R Forum banner
2181 - 2200 of 2222 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Went for a ride with the DROC (Ducati of Orange County) on Saturday. About 25 bikes, 20 Ducatis, 4 BMW and a Kawasaki. The plan was to go around Lake Arrowhead on the way to Big Bear, but that route was socked in with clouds and treacherous conditions...

Tire Wheel Vehicle Helmet Automotive tire

So we skipped Arrowhead and went "straight" to Big Bear where we were able to break through the clouds. Lunch at a place in Big Bear, with all the bikes parked in a group.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

Total miles for the day was about 170.

On the return trip I started gathering images for the MOA Coddiwomple since we were in the area. One of two remaining Wigwam Motels out of an original (I think) eight.

Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Water Cloud Sky Property Plant

·
Super Moderator
3,229 Posts
Nice overhead image @r0ckrat - a unique individual in a gaggle of red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: r0ckrat

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The silver bike on the left edge 3 bikes in was picked up by the new owner the night before, and at the stop had just over 100 miles on the ODO. Brand new V4. There were at least 4 V4 Panigales and 2 or 3 more V4's in the group. The Scrambler was a two-up couple.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I rode my bike to the Mildura airport so a potential purchaser could check it out and go for a test ride. We exchanged stories and he took it for a test ride. He didn't need to go far to know it was the bike for him and we agreed on a reasonable price. I offered to help him load it into his plane, but he decided he will be driving up with his son and riding it back to Melbourne in the near future. I've already started looking for a Honda Rebel 1100 to replace it :ROFLMAO:

Much like LoS, even though I'll be R-less I'll be sticking around to post cat and dog pics.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Dog Plant Grass Dog breed Carnivore

·
Super Moderator
3,229 Posts
I rode my bike to the Mildura airport so a potential purchaser could check it out and go for a test ride. We exchanged stories and he took it for a test ride. He didn't need to go far to know it was the bike for him and we agreed on a reasonable price. I offered to help him load it into his plane, but he decided he will be driving up with his son and riding it back to Melbourne in the near future. I've already started looking for a Honda Rebel 1100 to replace it :ROFLMAO:

Much like LoS, even though I'll be R-less I'll be sticking around to post cat and dog pics.

View attachment 115134

View attachment 115135
Where's a moderator when you need one - posting doggie pix simply a pawling.

• Haha
Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,186 · (Edited)
Where's a moderator when you need one - posting doggie pix simply a pawling.
I do agree! On a recent-ish trip I stayed in a motel where the resident Great Dane took an instant liking to me - clearly a doggie of good taste. Who needs a disc-lock with such security around?

And as dog_dogg fades out of the picture (but hopefully only temporarily) I may re-enter, stage-left, as I have my beady eye on a seemingly mint 2011 R1200 R Classic, mit Telelever, with a mere 8,500 km on the clock. The bike is entirely unfarkled, and the elderly owner seems keen to sell and is flexible on his asking price. The bike is only about 130km from me, so I plan to go check it out after May 6th when the seller returns home after a business trip away.

Dog Furniture Chair Collar Dog breed

Wheel Tire Vehicle Dog Plant

·
Super Moderator
3,229 Posts
This tread has gone to the dogs.

• Haha
Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
2017 R1200R
38 Posts
I took the last 3 days to ride from my home in Buckeye, AZ to my lady friend's home in Osoyoos, BC. I spent the first night in Ely, NV spending most miles on side roads, with a small freeway stretch through Las Vegas. The second night was in Baker City, with a long freeway ride from Twin Falls to Baker City, encountering heavy winds, scattered showers and one downpour. From Baker City to Osoyoos was mostly side roads with plenty of lakes, mountains, vineyards and orchards and was the best day weather wise. Crossing the border into Canada was relatively easy, except that I was the winner of the 1 in a 100 lottery that day and had my panniers searched. I'm looking forward to exploring the Okanagan Valley again (I rode the 3 flags classic in 2019) and venturing further afield.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Out for a traditional Ducati club ride today. A back roads route starting central NH, across western MA to a brew pub in Granby CT for Moto GP viewing.
Weather cool and drizzly and it was just me and El Presidente’ showing up at the starting point. Weather turned to mostly dry, but the Gerbings were much appreciated.
One other rider met at the venue and excellent ale and brisket sandwich and Ducati achieved a podium place.
300-ish miles total for the day.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle
Table Food Tableware Window Plate

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,410 Posts
Out for a traditional Ducati club ride today. A back roads route starting central NH, across western MA to a brew pub in Granby CT for Moto GP viewing.
Weather cool and drizzly and it was just me and El Presidente’ showing up at the starting point. Weather turned to mostly dry, but the Gerbings were much appreciated.
One other rider met at the venue and excellent ale and brisket sandwich and Ducati achieved a podium place.
300-ish miles total for the day.
Love the 'Ducati' yellow!

·
Registered
84 Posts
In a very last minute plan, decided to get out for a couple of nights on the weekend just gone.
Day 1 was a quick escape from Sydney to Ulladulla after work in horrid weather.
Day 2 highlights included Mount Darragh, Bonang Hwy and Alpine Road to Omeo.
Day 3 highlights included Omeo Highway, Granya, Murray River Road and Green Hills.

After doing mostly commutes and dirt bike distractions, I forgot how awesome this bike is.

Map World Parallel
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Plant community

Tire Plant Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
2012 R1200R, K27, Light-grey Metallic
163 Posts
I love those place names: Ulladulla, Mitta Mitta, Coddiwomple... :D

·
Mark – Moderator 2015 R1200R-LC Exclusive
2015 R1200R Exclusive
7,410 Posts
I had an errand to run out to Rosemount, only 10 km north of home, but made the most of it by taking the roundabout route along Eudlo Flat Road through to Diddillibah then Rosemount. On the way back I continued up over Kiels Mountain.

They’re lovely winding rural roads, well surfaced, but a bit too populated for highly spirited riding. Nevertheless, a grand day to be out and about exploring, taking the long way round.

Tire Plant Wheel Sky Property

·
Registered
2012 R1200R
96 Posts
Took a ride out to western Massachusetts using the comfort seat instead of the Corbin, I may sell the Corbin. Warm weather for May here.

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Motorcycle
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

I stopped to help a turtle cross the road before tragedy....and then to take a picture of my bike.

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Water

2181 - 2200 of 2222 Posts