BMW R1200R Forum banner
2,221 - 2,240 of 2,715 Posts
I don't think I would take this class a second time as I'm not interested in sitting through the full lecture portion again, but will be looking into other options in the area to further my progress. If I could do a 2nd round of the class, skipping the lectures and suspension adjustment demo (mine is electronic anyway) - so straight demos/drills only - I would absolutely jump at the chance. Maybe I will try to see about getting a one-off session lined up. Not sure about the likelihood of that, but it would be awesome.

Feel free to reply or message me with any questions, everyone. I would be happy to reply back with thoughts if anyone has any.
They have an ARCII class for next time... I was wondering who your instructor might have been. I know a couple of the leads, as they are SV650 owners. I know what you mean about the thighs - there are a couple roads that I can practice form on up here in LA county, and when practicing proper body position I end up sore for a couple days. I need to ride more.

For you, Palomar's S6 (South Grade) and East Grade Roads would be good places to practice form without traveling to fast...

They have an ARCII class for next time... I was wondering who your instructor might have been. I know a couple of the leads, as they are SV650 owners. I know what you mean about the thighs - there are a couple roads that I can practice form on up here in LA county, and when practicing proper body position I end up sore for a couple days. I need to ride more.

For you, Palomar's S6 (South Grade) and East Grade Roads would be good places to practice form without traveling to fast...
Thanks. I'll check that out (the Palomar grades)! It seems the ARCII classes are very few and far between. I did notice yesterday that they still have openings at the TC Track Clinic at Willow Springs this coming weekend though (which have ARCI as a pre-req). It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive from me here. I would love to sign up, but the wife is not going for it - she's not too keen on being left alone with "the crazies" for a 2nd weekend in a row, and I can't say I blame her. The next track clinic that's available I plan on attending though, which will give me more time to work on slower speed form and technique anyway. If it were only up to me, I would have signed up yesterday as soon as I saw the openings! Haha. Unfortunately I don't think the next track clinic will be until much later this year. Oh well, such is life with small crazy people (children). They are worth it though.

Partook in another monthly ride with the local chapter of the vintage Japanese motorbike club. Again, not many vintage bikes on the ride (an old Goldwing and a cafe-racered Triumph).

We took the long way to the club at Euston for a feed and some good old yarns. I had a dry rubbed beef rib with sweet potato mash and green stuff that was very tasty.

The ride was uneventful and the weather was perfect. Smiles all around!

I spent yesterday out on LC, and although it was very chilly in the morning, as the day progressed, the weather was just about perfect riding weather. I was keen to try out my new Sargent seat pod and to see if it was going to bother me and if the backrest is so close to my lower back. With just over 440km ride with combinations of motorway, twisties, and log undulation stretches, I’m pleased with the pod.

I had hoped to cover more distance and had a rough goal of 650km for the day, but I spent too much time goofing off at my go-to café when I’m in the Upper Hunter Valley. Nested in the far end of the main street of historic Morpeth Village Morpeth, NSW - Aussie Towns) – Common Grounds (COMMON GROUNDS, Morpeth - Updated 2021 Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Phone Number - Tripadvisor). I recommend this little place with good honest food and great coffee with a slightly modern menu (no chew-n’-spew). There’s a reasonable amount of shared tablespace on the footpath and a few tables on the veranda, which is my preferred seat position. As additional bonus, there are two dedicated motorcycle-only parking; there are two dedicated parking spaces right out front.

My return leg via the Putty road and some twisty time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I spent yesterday out on LC, and although it was very chilly in the morning, as the day progressed, the weather was just about perfect riding weather. I was keen to try out my new Sargent seat pod and to see if it was going to bother me and if the backrest is so close to my lower back. With just over 440km ride with combinations of motorway, twisties, and log undulation stretches, I’m pleased with the pod.

I had hoped to cover more distance and had a rough goal of 650km for the day, but I spent too much time goofing off at my go-to café when I’m in the Upper Hunter Valley. Nested in the far end of the main street of historic Morpeth Village Morpeth, NSW - Aussie Towns) – Common Grounds (COMMON GROUNDS, Morpeth - Updated 2021 Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Phone Number - Tripadvisor). I recommend this little place with good honest food and great coffee with a slightly modern menu (no chew-n’-spew). There’s a reasonable amount of shared tablespace on the footpath and a few tables on the veranda, which is my preferred seat position. As additional bonus, there are two dedicated motorcycle-only parking; there are two dedicated parking spaces right out front.

On Sunday, out for a 300ish mile toodle around NH and Vermont with the defunct Curtis’ BBQ as the general destination.
Officially the first Ducati Club ride since the pandemic. Just 3 of us, but a good day out!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

On Sunday, out for a 300ish mile toodle around NH and Vermont with the defunct Curtis’ BBQ as the general destination.
Officially the first Ducati Club ride since the pandemic. Just 3 of us, but a good day out!

View attachment 111694
Hold on, I heard his daughter had kept Curtis open, you sure they just aren't open for the season yet, especially with the plague? I'm hoping it isn't true🤔

Due to the cooler weather, I had a later start yesterday but still cover 400ish km for the day. From my inner west side to the blue mountains via the bells line of road (BLoR)RIDE TO LIVE
stopping off at The Grumpy Baker at Bilpin for hot coffee and a sneaky apple turnover...yum!

Feeling well satisfied I continued my route via BLoR down the very step mountainous descent to Lithgow. Good thing I had my trusty heated vest because it was so cold. Although I didn't travel too far, I need another coffee. I made a beeline fit my go-to cafe The Tin Shed Lithgow, but as I approached I decided to give other coffee a miss. Anyone travelling the Lithgow area, I highly recommend this place - a great place to kick back and the coffee and find is top-notch.
From Lithgow, I cruised The Castlereagh Highway and onto Bylong Valley Way-Kandos-Rylstone and then the shortest way home.
I took a fair bit of GoPro footage but I had a Micro SD card failure so no additional images to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to the cooler weather, I had a later start yesterday but still cover 400ish km for the day. From my inner west side to the blue mountains via the bells line of road (BLoR)RIDE TO LIVE
stopping off at The Grumpy Baker at Bilpin for hot coffee and a sneaky apple turnover...yum!

Feeling well satisfied I continued my route via BLoR down the very step mountainous descent to Lithgow. Good thing I had my trusty heated vest because it was so cold. Although I didn't travel too far, I need another coffee. I made a beeline fit my go-to cafe The Tin Shed Lithgow, but as I approached I decided to give other coffee a miss. Anyone travelling the Lithgow area, I highly recommend this place - a great place to kick back and the coffee and find is top-notch.
From Lithgow, I cruised The Castlereagh Highway and onto Bylong Valley Way-Kandos-Rylstone and then the shortest way home.
I took a fair bit of GoPro footage but I had a Micro SD card failure so no additional images to post.

Out of curiosity.
What constitutes "cold" in Australia?
Today was 18-20 celcius and 6 celcius in the morning.
Last week it was 12 celcius
Mind you it's been the coldest wettest May in a while.
Just to put a context on things 😃.

I am a bit soft when it comes to winter but for me 3 to 5C is cold. In parts on my morning ride, it was between 3 to 5c but with the wind chill factor, it felt colder. I live in an urban area of Sydney and 7c would an arctic blizzard.

I am a bit soft when it comes to winter but for me 3 to 5C is cold. In parts on my morning ride, it was between 3 to 5c but with the wind chill factor, it felt colder. I live in an urban area of Sydney and 7c would an arctic blizzard.

Crisp morning then as we would say up north!
And yeah 3-5 is cool enough!

Yep, brass monkey...

I guess I'm about 1000km north of mikeS. Tomorrow - first day of what is laughably called 'winter' in these parts - we expect a top of 22 deg C (72 F), overnight low 11 deg C (52 F). Personally I hate being cold, whether it be out on the bike, walking the dog, or just around the house. I doubt I'd survive in some of those northern climes!

2,221 - 2,240 of 2,715 Posts