BMW R1200R Forum banner
2241 - 2242 of 2242 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,262 Posts
Yeah, the Cutting is very steep and riddled with potholes. Also, the cliffside is bad enough but on the left-hand side going up lots of sections where guardrails have disappeared down the cliff. But great fun anyway.

From Walcha to Wauchope there are a few sections of stop-go road works but it's really in good shape considering all the rain we’ve had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,262 Posts
I just came back from a 3-day ride, and for the most part, the weather was ideal for touring on my LC. My original route plan was to head down the coast from Sydney Homebase. However, due to forecasted high winds and heavy rain for most of the "B" areas I wanted to ride, I decided to head north and ride the 3 x Ways - Black Stump Way, Warrumbungle Way and Fossickers Way and onto the NSW / QLD border. I managed to cover over 2200km over the three days and avoided as best I could motorways with my Navigator VI, for the most part, set on curvey roads.

With my navigation preference set on "take-me-the longway mode, I fully expected to run into the odd road closure. However, my day two route didn't disappoint as I clocked just over 800km with a few fascinating problems solving opportunities thrown my way. For example (to name a couple), I encountered some very slippery water over the road. I tried to stop LC from tipping over because the side stand suddenly sank into what I thought was solid ground ( IDIOT !!!). Nevertheless, with all the self-imposed challenges, I had an absolute blast and can't wait to get back out on LC again.

Water crossing - I walked across first, and thankfully my boots kept my feet dry.

Some open road pix:

From memory, the regional town I went through:

Mudgee, Dunedoo, Coolah, Coonabarabran, Mullaley, Tamworth, Barraba, Bingara, Yetman and Texas (QLD).

A couple of links for context:

Here's a couple of Silo Art pix:

Some random pix I took along the way:

Here is a couple of pix from crossing the border into QLD:

I took this on my way back from Texas at night. I wouldn’t say I like travelling at night, but I had no choice. I was constantly scanning both sides of the road for kangaroos & wombats,… not good.

Arrived at my hotel … hot shower and some food.

The above was my choice - Endive Salad ( YUM!) I was a little worried they may not have had a good chloice of wine, but I was in luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2241 - 2242 of 2242 Posts