BMW R1200R Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 1712 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trip to the beach

Prob last nice clear day before I am scheduled for a major operation which could keep me of the R1200R till January.
So Bradford to Scarborough and back via the Yorks Wolds route.
Weather good but a few "safety cameras" spotted in time I hope.
Will give it a nice clean in morning.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Prob last nice clear day before I am scheduled for a major operation which could keep me of the R1200R till January.
So Bradford to Scarborough and back via the Yorks Wolds route.
Weather good but a few "safety cameras" spotted in time I hope.
Will give it a nice clean in morning.

A nice run in my back yard 😄

Good luck with the op🤞

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Tootling Around For Local Business

51deg F with sunny clear skies.

bmw 1.jpg

bmw 2.jpg

bmw 3.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
I had planned to for a quick overnight two-day ride on the weekend but given the bushfire emergency affecting most of the state I had to give it a miss. However, I did manage to get out on Sunday dodging some the worst areas.

From where I live the best option I had was to take in the Southern Highland but bypassing Marulan as there was an active fire in the area. All up managed to know out 450k – albeit very Smokey ones. By the end of the day I felt as though I soaked a few Cuban cigars.

Headed out from my home base Sydney’s Inner West out via the M4 to Mulga-The Oaks-Thirlmere and with a stop Exeter. When I got to Exeter, I thought I would check the RFS Fires Near Me App as I heard the was an active fire at Kangaroo Valley but all good. Check the App and all to enjoy a spirited run down Fitzroy Falls twisters. Of course, when in Exeter I can never go past not having a lite snack and pot of English Breakfast Tea complete with fluffy tea cozy at the Exeter General Store & Post Office Café (no bags here). My wife a had mentioned going out for dinner at our favourite local Indian restaurant so I thought differently a light snack.

I settled Pecan and Apple Slice with Ricotta Honey spread… just so good just

Once a got my act together I made my way to the twisties with a view to extra as much value out of my rear tyre that is soon to be replaced.

My return route was via Jamberoo Mountain Road twities - Robertson and then back tracking the morning route.
https://youtu.be/cCaSlLenc7c

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
It’s OK for you guys who don’t have house painting to do, @mikeS.

Nothing more satisfying than doing a job yourself.Just a thought you might want to cut down the on a few sneaky snacks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'll gladly trade the house painting job for the 4 days in hospital for acute pancreatitis. I was actually going to ride to the doctor for a consultation about a fever I'd been running, then decided to grab a taxi. By the time I arrived I was writhing like a mamba on a hot skillet. They dragged me off to the ER and admitted me for forced fast and IV with generous gobs of morphine. Not quite what I was expecting but I wasn't able to put up much resistance.
After 2 days back at home, I hopped on the R12 for a brisk ride in the rain.
I lasted about 30 minutes...but still better than watching telly.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
50 mile Tootle-loo

Clear skies this afternoon in East TN USA at 65deg F, a little colder down by the river.

12:16:19 ride.jpg

Probably last ride of the year.

Happy Healthy New Years everybody!

·
Registered
602 Posts
@SvahaDean 65F sounds pretty good to me..... is a Giant Cold Front Sweeping in to Tennessee this week? Most of time, I am ok as long as a keep the grip heaters on, wear the right underwear. Although we do get this bone-chilling fog along the coast that seems to penetrate your gear, epidermis, and 3 layers of flesh. (Thus, bone-chilling)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
First Ride of 2020

A nice day for a ride in East Tennessee:

1:9:20.jpg
South Holston Dam at the start of The Snake (Hwy 421)

Ride on!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,678
Nice looker, Dean! Biarritz Blue if not mistaken.

Kindly tell me the brand of the small rear carry-rack you have fitted - it might well suit my incoming R9T and not be too obtrusive, while safely carrying a small top-box for short excursions away. TIA...

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Nice looker, Dean! Biarritz Blue if not mistaken. Kindly tell me the brand of the small rear carry-rack you have fitted - it might well suit my incoming R9T and not be too obtrusive, while safely carrying a small top-box for short excursions away. TIA...
Montego Blue for the '14 vintage. Hepco & Becker rear rack, not sure of model name/number.

Can't wait to follow your farkling on the new R9T, I'm only a little envious.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,680 (Edited)
Montego Blue for the '14 vintage. Hepco & Becker rear rack, not sure of model name/number.

Can't wait to follow your farkling on the new R9T, I'm only a little envious.
Farkling will be done with a very light touch, as the minimalistic styling of the R9T does not support acreage of add-ons. Thus far and on order: 1 x pair of Grip Puppies: 1 x PUIG New Generation screen, so unobtrusive that it's almost invisible (had these before - perfick!): 1 x oil-cooler rad-guard.

To come - a small rear Ventura carry-rack to take a small 28L top-box for weekends away: maybe a horn that will sound louder than a budgerigar's dying squeak (Stebel Magnum as on other bikes): possible 2 x front LED DRLs: and possible rear-mounted brake-operated LED strip to indicate that I'm braking - a la Skene.

That's all folks! :nerd:

Attachments

1661 - 1680 of 1712 Posts