BMW R1200R Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 1835 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Could you elaborate a little, Fogliettaz?
It seems your old school crystal ball is not working for you PZ. I keep telling you to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Nice day out, Mike (while I was fixing render cracks - onto the exterior painting now ...).

I’m puzzled, though - what occurs on beds?
The another sign before that one ”9 out of 10 accidents”

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,703
The another sign before that one ”9 out of 10 accidents”

Pz clearly needs to get to Specsavers...

Reactions: mikeS

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Caught this on my rear dashcam - M2 freeway and had this a-hole of a truck driver squeezed past in my lane. I notice her monstering another rider earlier and thought I was clear of her but she came barrelling down on me at a fair clip and weaving in and out of lanes.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
I have dusted off my JETBOIL. I fear many regional cafes will be forced to close. I need a backup plan on the bike as I need to keep my caffeine levels topped up.

Reactions: sharky

·
Super Moderator
5,016 Posts
Caught this on my rear dashcam - M2 freeway and had this a-hole of a truck driver squeezed past in my lane. I notice her monstering another rider earlier and thought I was clear of her but she came barrelling down on me at a fair clip and weaving in and out of lanes.
I’d be giving Broc Crannage a call and suggest this particular driver needs to be drug tested.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
As CLEM might say, ride more, paint less...

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Yes, I’ll be giving them a call, and I'll post a clip on the email. I have a fair bit of rear footage as well. It even got better because stopping at the lights; the driver continued to hurling abuse. I wasn't about to get into a Pi$$ing competition with a drug-crazed loser. Lucky for me, I had such a good day out on the bike, I wasn’t about to let that idiot spoil my day, and besides, my wife had a cheeky little red in the decanter and one of my favourite meals underway. So while the abuse was flying thick and fast - on the inside, I was...

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,710
It's carnage out there...

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
I posted two small videos on their feedback page.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I cheated on my R12, and took the KTM out for a relatively car-free romp along the Pacific Ocean, north of San Francisco, CA.
I had to scrape off a couple of lost touristas, but other than than....brapppp-o-rama. If you'e going to watch the vid, turn your sound down, my camera takes great vids, but the wind blast is annoying!

Once you get to Stinson Beach, you can head up the Panoramic Hwy, a really fun, technically interesting road. Unfortunately, it is in dire need of repaving....

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ok... reading back through our discussions, reports and photos.....
I've just realized ... we have been transported back to The Old Testament.

Floods, Fires, Locusts, and now the Plague.

Thank Gawd I am not a religious man, and don't believe in that stuff, but I have been wondering what if I see a long-haired dude washing the feet of lepers, feeding the 5000 down in the Tenderloin(Our poorest neighborhood)?

Anyway... I am 100% ready for this thing to wrap up. But as much as I am eager to get out for a nice long ride, I am not eager to share the road with the wackos out on the highways right now. Our State Patrol are writing many tickets for drivers traveling at well over 100mph, road-racing at midday on residential streets, running gunfights on the Bay Bridge, between as many as 4 vehicles....

I don't own a Kevlar vest, or bulletproof helmet.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,714

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
And here I was feeling yesterday was my worst day ever because I got a paper cut clearing a printer jam. Just goes to show there's always some worst off than you.

·
Super Moderator
5,016 Posts
At least Dad now knows how fast his C63 will go. 👌

Reactions: Ontrip

·
Registered
83 Posts
It’s happening lots in the UK too, urban racetrack driving and 150mph motorway chases.

In York the biggest issue I’ve faced has been red light jumpers.....lots of them since lockdown started. Whilst out on my once a week food shopping trips every time I’ve dealt with at least one loon cutting a red light or pulling out of a side road without bothering to look, assuming there’ll be no traffic.

Yesterday was the first day lockdown was eased enough to take the bike for a short run to an ‘open public space’ for exercise (it had to be short as no loos or cafes are open and just ‘going for a ride’ is not legal). Within 1 mile of home two cars decided to ignore red lights on a big roundabout and my choice was brake hard (even though my lights had been green for 5+ seconds) or crash horribly.

Take care out there. The hospitals have enough on their plates right now.

·
Registered
639 Posts
And here I was feeling yesterday was my worst day ever because I got a paper cut clearing a printer jam. Just goes to show there's always some worst off than you.

I managed to carve off a nice piece of finger with a very sharp folding knife in the first days of our Shelter-In-Place. Nice one, all the way to the bone, too. But I got on YouTube and followed the "butterfly strips" method of repairing it. My wife was stuck in the Geneva Airport trying to get home, so no one to hold this or that. Bled like a stabbed pig.

Just be careful, @mikeS I don't think an emergency room is a good place to be right now....(cough, cough)

I was thinking today might be a good day to sneak out for a little social distancing on the BMW, then... it rained. Weird...not Biblically raining or anything but not the kind of rain I like to ride through.

And Yes.... the car people around here are piling up the performance awards. This is from L.A. but here in Northern California we are seeing the same idiot behavior, not to mention the armed "militia" wackos clustering together demanding their right to "infect everyone else, goddammit" or something like that.

Apparently they are offended by having to stay home for a few months to slow the spread of infection. They also are celebrating the Colossal Bungling of our Federal Govt, by intimidating everyone who isn't out breathing all over their fellow citizens.
You can almost hear them chanting "Slugs for salt!"

·
Super Moderator
5,016 Posts
I managed to carve off a nice piece of finger with a very sharp folding knife in the first days of our Shelter-In-Place. Nice one, all the way to the bone, too. But I got on YouTube and followed the "butterfly strips" method of repairing it.
I once got my left and right hands out of sync while chopping lemon grass, slicing the tip of a finger almost all the way through. Being a DIY kind of guy, and figuring it was too small to stitch, so a medical centre would likely just superglue it together, I did the same. The tip went a bit manky looking after a while but not infected, and good skin grew back underneath. I now struggle to find the scar.

Warning, @sturgeon - flesh tones.

1701 - 1720 of 1835 Posts