BMW R1200R Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 1833 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
It’s the Full Monty, @mikeS

Now if you’d only get on with test-fitting the 1250 under-screen aerofoil I’d know whether I could trim back the lower edge and bring some air up under it.
View attachment 108078
Very slick indeed, Panzer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
After a few months of lockdown, working from home, and regional travel restrictions, it was good to get back into a work-related routine, rolling the sleeves up and back to business. I managed to cover over 600K today on LC and got to ride rain-sun-cold-fog and everything in between and loved every minute.

From my home base in Sydney, outer inner-west travelled along the putty road to the upper Hunter to Gloucester, Thunderbolts Way, Oxley H’way and an overnight stop in Tamworth. Here are some snapped along the way:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Arrived at Walcha and decided to have a quick smabo and cuppa. Always an intresting stop at this little cafe with it motorcycle theme.

Arrive Tamworth with enough time for a quick shower and headed to my favorite new england region Indian restaurant.

Yum!

·
Super Moderator
5,007 Posts
Your odometer must be edging up a bit by now, @mikeS, with all these generous day trips you do. Maybe time to take advantage of the EOFY specials and trade in for a 1250? 😉

Reactions: mikeS

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Your odometer must be edging up a bit by now, @mikeS, with all these generous day trips you do. Maybe time to take advantage of the EOFY specials and trade in for a 1250?
At the moment, Panzer - I’m very content with my old LC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,765
Your odometer must be edging up a bit by now, @mikeS, with all these generous day trips you do. Maybe time to take advantage of the EOFY specials and trade in for a 1250? 😉

I suspect that Pz is testing the waters to see if you may be interested in joining him in a group buy - of two x 1250s...

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
I suspect that Pz is testing the waters to see if you may be interested in joining him in a group buy - of two x 1250s...
Hey, now that's a thought... PZ?

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
And a little nightcap from my hotel bar before bed...

·
Super Moderator
5,007 Posts
Those trip photos look very familiar, @mikeS - you didn’t take a virtual rather than real tour, simply reprising some old pictures? 😉

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Those trip photos look very familiar, @mikeS - you didn’t take a virtual rather than real tour, simply reprising some old pictures?
No Sir, no fake content I have the evidence...

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,772
Since you two seem to have so much spare time, how about advising me how to reinstate my signature line, if you please. Step by step using terms understandable by an eight year-old would suit. Bituminous material....

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
This isn’t it?

Lawrence of Suburbia ('39 model) - living blissfully by the sea in Redland Bay, near Brisbane, SE Queensland, Australia.
Riding my 2017-build 2018-model R9T Roadster with Option 719 upgrades, finished in Blueplanet metallic paintwork with brushed aluminium tank and gold pinstriping, as from late January 2020.
Formerly had many R1200 R Roadsters and GSs over too many years since the first R1100 R in 1997.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I took mine to the shop for service. Getting the mounts put on too. Gonna ride with a bunch of HDs Saturday.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,776
Yes, but it doesn't automatically appear, as it should I believe... or does it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
My daughter, who’s home from college for the week, joined me on a nice afternoon ride. She’s been riding with me since she was 12, and this was another wonderful Dad-and-daughter ride to file away in the ol’ memory banks.

Hers is the hot pink helmet.;)

·
Super Moderator
5,007 Posts
Yes, but it doesn't automatically appear, as it should I believe... or does it?
There’s an option in your Profile Settings, Lawrence, to partially or fully show signatures when you are viewing. The full signature is always there.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Another fabulous day out on my LC with thew weather laying on a near-perfect winters day. From Tamworth, I headed off the long way around for a lay of the Oxley H’Way to my overnight stop at Port Macquarie. With not so early start New England H’Way and turning off Piallamore-Dungowan-Woolomin-Niangala, Made my way to Thunderbolts Way to Walcha and onto the Oxley H’way ... twisties galore! Here are some pix from my day out.

Oh, @Panzermann, I can wait to share this little snap of two little flea-bags with Nigel - Looks like these guys are living the dream.

Managed to crack of 450k and arrived at my Port Macquarie hotel - check-in, shower and, yes, dinner. Nothing special but hits the spot perfectly...

·
Super Moderator
5,007 Posts
I always get excited when I see these signs. 😄

Reactions: mikeS
1761 - 1780 of 1833 Posts