2,507 Posts
Reactions: Panzermann

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,782
I always get excited when I see these signs. 😄

View attachment 108099

Yes, we all know that, Pz from your self-confessed throwing-it-down-the-road episode of some time ago. Just to clarify, the signs are NOT a command to crash!

MikeS - top pix, mate!

·
Super Moderator
5,007 Posts
Just to clarify, the signs are NOT a command to crash!
Some years ago VicRoads published a map of all the roads they designated as high risk for motorcycles (and which were duly signposted). It became an instant guide to the best motorcycling roads in the state. 😅

Reactions: Mint

·
Registered
38 Posts
As a break from moving, and to celebrate a half century, I took Sybil out to a favorite route and coffee. Long Beach to Azusa, up 39 to Crystal Lake Cafe for coffee, and home by noon via GMR (Glendora Mountain Road). Got to test out the ESA from damp pavement in road mode, climb to over 5000 feet elevation in dynamic mode, fog, and back to road mode for the freeway home, testing the cruise control along the way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Day three of my and time for the long back to Sydney. The winter weather was just about perfect, but with a heavy rain pattern developing for tomorrow, I thought it best to cut my trip short and head off home.

With so much saddle time over the last few days, I need to stretch the leg before another day the saddle. Luckly, my hotel was located right on the water front so I didn’t have wander too far to stroll along the water front. Even with a slight hangover, I was glad to take in the sights and morning air.

Did I say stroll? It was more like a short stumble to the Little Shake one of my favirote morning coffee stops when I’m in Port macquarie.

Its a great little spot to sip a coffe and a little snack and watch the world go by. I not on to check out the talent in their active ware, and I do appreciate a bit of skirt, but I wasn’t expecting this...

After trying to unsee the skirts, I finish coffee and headed off for the run home, but first, a quick stop to at the beach.

On my way home I had a quick stop Nabiac and the Motorcycle Museum. There are so many bike and memorabilia its difficult to take it all in. A few pix..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
The skirt men were likely out hunting haggis, @mikeS
Being a vegetarian I wasn't really sure so I googled ”haggis” - why you referred to them from my picture of the joggers I can be sure. Am I missing something, Pz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,788
Probably a Canberran on the loose...

Reactions: mikeS

·
Registered
38 Posts
Those "skirts" are better known (you better know) as a Kilt - as in you might be kilt if you refer to it as a skirt... LOL!

Seriously though, a kilt is a men's apparel item mostly seen on Scottish and Irish men.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Haggis is really good eating, just don't think too much about what's in it. As for the kilt, it is a relatively new form of dress (less than 300 years) so were not worn in the time of William Wallace.
The sensible Celts invented trousers Braccae - Wikipedia

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Went out for a ride to West Bay on the South coast this morning, ride out was fine and just right but the ride back was hot, gauge on bike said 33 degrees and the sun was on my back all the way so no way of keeping cool. Could be worse.....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Fast paced ride with 2 friends, in Haliburton Highlands of Ontario, met in Buckhorn and took all the twisty Secondary backroads up to Barry’s Bay for lunch and then wound our way back to Havelock where we then head or ways back up our homes.

I had the long ride to and From Toronto making it a 700 km day for me. Bike also rolled over to 20 000 kms. 20 k inspection completed a few days prior.
44A363C3-4735-4A8E-8FC0-D0F4A607CA64.jpeg
F73AA041-5ABA-4CF1-9657-52C607F3F6C2.jpeg
8AA8B73C-2876-4C11-851B-3B4FE7864C79.jpeg
1F4A8921-B358-40B8-A9F1-9DFFF40DE234.jpeg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Now that Europe is open again without any border control, I did the Grandes Routes des Alpes this week.
I started in Menton and after the Col de Castillon, Col de Turini, Col de la Couillole, Col de la Cayolle, Col d`Izoard, Col du Galibier, Col de l`Iseran, Col du Petit Saint-Bernard and Colle di Gran San Bernardo I reached Martigny. It´s a real classic and if someone comes to the Alpes (Pz) I recommend it. It is GS country and on the Izoard they sell even GS t-shirts.
Only thing that is annoying me, is my water proof no-name navi. OK, I could use it under water but therefore I'm starring on a dull, reflecting and almost opaque plexi screen, that doesn't let me use the touch screen properly. I thought it is because it is a cheap navi but as Dr. Strangelove mentioned earlier, it the same with a premium motorcycle navi. I'm now going to test a 30€ car navi and see what happens when it gets wet.
Greetings
Werner

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,796
Excellent! Only mildly green with envy!

Reactions: mikeS

·
Super Moderator
5,007 Posts
What a great trip, @hexer!

But for COVID-19 we would have been heading off on a GS1250 in about a week's time with an OzAlps tour from Munich towards that area. Your trip gives me optimism that civilisation might be back to a semblance of normality by this time next year so we can take our deferred trip.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yesterday I've visited Belmeken dam in Rila moiuntain in Bulgaria. It's the highest paved pass (2000m above the sea) in Bulgaria, the road is narrow, twisty and fun, although north part the surface is not that good. The weather was fantastic - sunny with few light clouds, clear air with great visibility - was able to see next mountain range (Pirin) probably 50km away. Had a great company and was a lovely day

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you @Pz
Let's hope people will get normal again. In Austria they banned motorcycles from the best roads in Tirol, when the stand noise is louder tha 95 dB. This is so ridiculous because there is no legal limit for it. For example a new BMW S1000RR or a KTM 890 are not allowed in Tirol anymore. Even the police bikes (Ducati 1200 Multistrada) are not allowed.
In Germany they have decided that the motorcycle is the new scape goat. This weekend there will be rallies in 10 major cities to avoid a ban on driving on weekends. Hopefully common sense will win.

·
Super Moderator
5,007 Posts
In Austria they banned motorcycles from the best roads in Tirol, when the stand noise is louder than 95 dB.
I read the signage as you must be at least 95 dB(A) – and ride very fast ...

What am I missing? 🤔

1781 - 1800 of 1833 Posts