BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a bike that has the Wilbers ESA compatible suspension on it. I haven't been able to find too much information on the WESA suspension. I'm wondering if anyone here is running it and what their opinions are. Given the choice I think I would choose the non-ESA Wilbers (or similar) but I think the chances of waiting for another bike to come across with upgraded suspension front and rear is slim.

· Retired In Beautiful Tennessee
1,895 Posts
Wilbers suspension has a good reputation. Recommend you contact Ted Porter at his Beemer Shop in Scott's Valley CA and ask him about R1200R suspension. Ted's been working on BMWs for decades (I remember when he rode a K1 working at Bob's BMW in the '90s) and will answer all your suspension questions.

HTH, Dave

· Registered
51 Posts
EPM performance in Englishtown, NJ did my R1250R suspension with Wilbers. I am very pleased with improvement in ride quality. I find myself actually using ‘road’ mode and it has a good mix of being compliant but at the same time precise. There is no wallowing anymore and dynamic is great for smooth roads at spirited pace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts