BMW R1200R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my 2014 special edition with the right seat, the right riding position - everything. I was all set to order a slightly taller windshield to cut down on some of the noise (getting older, trying to protect what's left of my hearing), and found out that C-Baileys quit making them. Now what? I love the look of the little BMW screen it came with, but the noise shortens my rides.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I finally got my 2014 special edition with the right seat, the right riding position - everything. I was all set to order a slightly taller windshield to cut down on some of the noise (getting older, trying to protect what's left of my hearing), and found out that C-Baileys quit making them. Now what? I love the look of the little BMW screen it came with, but the noise shortens my rides.
Did it come with the BMW Tall or Short (Sport) screen?

From experience with my 2011 where I fitted a second hand Tall screen, the noise was atrocious. I promptly removed it. Wind noise was the very reason I got rid of my V-Strom by trading it in on the R.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you're interested in trying something different for low cost commitment, I have a Wunderlich low windshield that came with my 2012 that's been sitting in a box in my basement for a couple years. I'm 6'2" and found it to be an awkward height for me (needed it either taller or shorter) and replaced it with a BMW sport screen after going naked for about a year.

·
Dave in NE TN
1,230 Posts
I've found a MRA X-Creen Sport Blade works well atop a short screen to create laminar flow and direct noisy turbulent air over the helmet.

They're fiddly to assemble but work for me. Mine's set low over the stock screen and pointed straight up. You can get clear or smoke to match your screen. It doesn't look bad, kind of techno-cool IMO.

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Which of the Cee Baileys screen are you refering to? They sold 2 types of screens Sport & Touring, the Sport screen was designed to be used with the factory sport screen bracket and the touring screen which came in 2 or 3 heights was used with the BMW tall windshield bracket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts