BMW R1200R Forum banner

Women Riders

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dbyker 
#1 ·
See less See more
Reactions: Clem and yonderbob
#2 ·
Great article, Erin, thanks.

Women are the fastest growing segment of the MC market now. If I could think of something chauvinistic to say about that I probably would... but my son's track coach at the California Superbike School was a woman who could run that track faster than I can dream...blindfolded and her hands tied. :surprise: There is also a woman rider in MotoGP now, in the Moto 3 class I think... and she's NOT last!

Much better to have y'all riding beside us than behind us, imho.

In Increasing Numbers, Women Are Taking to the Road on Two Wheels | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

#3 ·
There is also a woman rider in MotoGP now, in the Moto 3 class I think... and she's NOT last!

Much better to have y'all riding beside us than behind us, imho.
Yes, María Herrera.

There is a number of women ride, in the club I belong, there is the odd exception but we are not young, from a generation where motorcycles in our youth were the norm.

Perhaps with the cafe racers/groovey image of motorbikes, the passion of biking will remain strong in the next few generations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.