BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here seen/ had experience with this item, costing USD$1268 it seems. Much discussion on ANOther Forum which shall be nameless (R9T)..

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
No experience, but I imagine it would get oily and blackened pretty quickly. Save your money for the gimbal mounted gyroscopic cup holder I'd say.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That old adage of "A fool and his money are easily parted" comes quickly to mind!

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
imagine it would get oily and blackened pretty quickly.
On both my F800 and 1200-LC I’d be happy to eat breakfast off the inside of the rocker covers.

Reactions: MikeHSG

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
On both my F800 and 1200-LC I’d be happy to eat breakfast off the inside of the rocker covers.
Interesting. My hex and chrome head engines have always had a light to moderate coating of oil throughout the rocker covers when I've taken them off to adjust the valves.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting. My hex and chrome head engines have always had a light to moderate coating of oil throughout the rocker covers when I've taken them off to adjust the valves.

To each his own, doc!

·
Registered
200 Posts
As cool as they look (and I do love watching machines in motion!) I can't image they're remotely as durable or reliable as OEM. There's several clear covers out for H-D's (derby's, etc...) that are just flat bits of acrylic, but they tend to get leaky as they deform slightly under temp more than metal.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stops the fried eggs sticking ...

Careful, Pz, as any mention of food will doubtless have mikeS and/ or doc_dogg camping on your front lawn for a feed!

Reactions: Panzermann

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Reactions: Panzermann

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Careful, Pz, as any mention of food will doubtless have mikeS and/ or doc_dogg camping on your front lawn for a feed!
Bit far for some oily eggs, but I'd skip lockdown for a Double Brodburger with blue cheese sauce ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Reactions: mikeS
1 - 15 of 15 Posts