BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, sorry I have not dedicated much time in here, I'm little busy with the house project, and learning that DOB does not really care about ANYTHING but make money with all the stupid permits that take 2-3 weeks on each one.

Few weeks ago, Mr. Lawrence took a punch out of my wallet by reintroducing the Xtreme Inner Fender, I got it delivered 3 days after placing the order but as mention, didn't have time to installed until today. Xtreme Inner Fender R1200 R 8160706 | BMW Wunderlich America

Not that I care that much about keeping my bike clean but, i think this will help, I got it mostly for the way it looks.

It took 20 minutes to install.

They have a thick plastic bag, wrapped with bubble wrap, wrapped by cardboard paper, inside a box, little bit too much, it's a fender not my kidney.

Not that you need them but they give you instructions.

First step, remove the ugly sticker.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Close up of the color, it matches perfectly the 2011+

If you don't like it on your bike, it can be used as a little dog snow sled.

Before;

You need to keep the nut behind from rotating, pretty tight space.

Torx 47

Short screws are the original.

·
Registered
191 Posts
2 for 2 today. just ordered this over the weekend
Thanks for the writeup.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Looks good. I know what to ask for my birthday!!!

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
I would like an inner fender for my inner child. I'm sure the underside of your seat will now be clean enough to do surgery on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice write up, thanks so much... now I have another acesory to add to my wishlist

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Looks great!

Great.. My list of things I want for my bike is getting longer and longer .. Time to play the lottery...

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Inner Fender

Xtremely good post Hoshiko!:goodjob:

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
An exceptionally helpful and illustrated post, Hoshiko: thanks!

I'm guessing that the cute doggie may be an Italian Greyhound: did it come with the package - if so, I want one!

About to order the Puig item after looking at alternatives, also looking into the Wunderlich 'Trophy' bikini fairing/ screen.

L of S

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
There is a really easy solution to this problem Dr, 1+1=2, 2+1=3, 3+1=4, 4-1(fender)=3..........
Thanks Hoshiko!! Now everything is clear.. Math.. Always helpful for important decisions.. And if I substract the money for the fender from the total of all the money I would need for all of the accessories I want then the total amount will go down too.. So I will need less money after that to buy everything I want!

:)

Maybe my cat can race your dog on the new sled when it snows again..

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm guessing that the cute doggie may be an Italian Greyhound: did it come with the package - if so, I want one!
L of S
Hahahaha it's called pay back, I ended up with this thing because of one of your earlier posts, now I want you to seriously consider getting an Italian Greyhound, I guess that won't be fair, since this skinny rats are by far the most expensive and time consuming toys I have ever owned.

Maybe my cat can race your dog on the new sled when it snows again..
Sounds good, just remember this creatures are a miniature version of racing dogs. Unless your cat is a mini cheetah, I don't see you wining.

It's a nice unit. I bought mine from BR Special Tuning in the U.K.; cheaper than through Wunderlich.
No many choices here in the US, sometimes you have to pay whatever they charge just because they are the only ones who have it.
I want it the "Denali" led lights but the only distributor in the US is twisted throttle and I refuse to buy anything from them because of a big fight we had several years ago.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Sounds good, just remember this creatures are a miniature version of racing dogs. Unless your cat is a mini cheetah, I don't see you wining.
we shall see... I have one cat who could beat your dogs sledding just because he probably weighs twice as much as both dogs together..haha.. but then I also have a cat that could be described as the grey hound of cats... just look at that stride length:

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Hahahaha it's called pay back, I ended up with this thing because of one of your earlier posts, now I want you to seriously consider getting an Italian Greyhound, I guess that won't be fair, since this skinny rats are by far the most expensive and time consuming toys I have ever owned.
I know where you're coming from here, Hoshi - I have a gorgeous Shetland Sheepdog (pretty rare here in Oz - think miniature 'Lassie') and I could run a small fleet of bikes on what he costs me - mainly for vet fees! But I adore him, so...!

L of S

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Again...

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just cleaned their teeth last week (once every year)
That runs around 4 fenders.

May be that's why no matter what, they always give you so much love.

Cats are funny too, they really have those moments that make you laugh uncontrollably. I miss mine but won't get another ever.

Here he is when we adopted from a shelter on Spanish Harlem.

Here he is wearing my sandal.

Here he is playing cops and Puertoricans with one of the skinny rats.

Here he is singing opera.

And this is my wife's little brother portrait of him.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Here's a rather nicer pic of my Honey, taken on the beach nearby on his first birthday - and squinting a little into the early-morning sun coming up from the east!

L of S

1 - 20 of 69 Posts