BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 R1200R
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with yacugar shocks. The way i'm reading the shock description it sounds like the rear has a length adjustment. I'm wondering if the adjustment would be an alternative solution to having a bit more separation between seat and pegs. Could be that the adjustment is normal and lower, but i'm hoping not.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Shock length will adjust seat to ground, but not seat to peg distance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘12 R1200R Classic | ‘15 R1200RT | ‘13 F800GT
39 Posts
Give Ted a call at Ted Porter’s Beemer Shop. He’s the US importer and distributor. He’s a stand-up guy and you’ll learn more about shocks than you really need to know.

·
Registered
2011 R1200R
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Give Ted a call at Ted Porter’s Beemer Shop. He’s the US importer and distributor. He’s a stand-up guy and you’ll learn more about shocks than you really need to know.
thanks, saw him mentioned in several places. i'm going to be in bay area next month and i'm planning to stop in.

·
Registered
R1200R LC 2017
15 Posts
Like rOckrat already mentioned, longer shock doesn’t change the distance between seat and foot pegs, but it does help solving the too long side stand.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I put a set on my 2012 which I got from Ted at the Beemer Shop.

Made a world of difference, took the square edges off bumps, made the tires grip like the bike was on rails.

I opted for the triple valve rear.

Big difference.

·
Dave in NE TN
1,049 Posts
Reactions: manitou
1 - 7 of 7 Posts