BMW R1200R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased ZTechnic Z7101 Engine guards for my 2008 R1200R BMW. I have been unable to find any highway pegs that can be adapted to the small space available between the guards and engine. Any ideas on something to adapt to the Z7101 would really be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
I purchased ZTechnic Z7101 Engine guards for my 2008 R1200R BMW. I have been unable to find any highway pegs that can be adapted to the small space available between the guards and engine. Any ideas on something to adapt to the Z7101 would really be appreciated.

I have some highway pegs that fit into the area where the spark plug covers go.....on the rocker covers. They look pretty 'trick' from the photos sent to me, they fold back into where the spark covers were, when not in use (there black)....but I can't imagine myself using these.
My bike is arriving in a few days....its a 2007 model. If you are interested I can take some photos (as the photos sent to me won't insert on here for some odd reason) and send to you....and if your still interested I could be selling them, i'm from New Zealand but I send stuff all over the world so im not shy of doing that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As an update, after contacting the company-

(Highway Pegs - BMW R1150 and R1200 Models with Horizontal Engine Guards - by Ilium WorksThis version would work: Highway Pegs - BMW R1150 and R1200 Models with Horizontal Engine Guards - by Ilium Works - - A&S BMW Motorcycle Parts and Accessories - Price: $249.00)
--
Peter Bernacchi
ZTechnik Account Representative
866-ZTECHNK ext. 127 or 708-343-0400 ext. 127
2200 Maywood Drive
Maywood, Illinois 60153

So they are on order and I will post a picture once installed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I use the guards myself as a sort of highway leg rest some times! Sounds funny and may look funny but it actually works pretty good.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
A friend put those, and the pegs from ZT, on his 1150RS.
I sat on it and put my feet on those pegs and didn't like it. Not a particularly comfortable riding position even is for a short while.
YMMV, of course, but I was surprised how not comfortable they were.

Those are the coolest looking engine guards imo, though

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
I have some highway pegs that fit into the area where the spark plug covers go.....on the rocker covers. They look pretty 'trick' from the photos sent to me, they fold back into where the spark covers were, when not in use (there black)....but I can't imagine myself using these.
My bike is arriving in a few days....its a 2007 model. If you are interested I can take some photos (as the photos sent to me won't insert on here for some odd reason) and send to you....and if your still interested I could be selling them, i'm from New Zealand but I send stuff all over the world so im not shy of doing that.
I found these old photos, highway pegs build into the spark plug covers don't know what brand they were, this particular r1200r was not in my possession for that long.

Funny how things turn out.

Sure placed your body in a odd position when using these, a Gynecology chair comes to mind. :001_unsure:

I'm sure the brand had its best intentions here, and other riders may find them very comfortable. Me and the roads I ride, they had no use but the sure did get a giggle from my fellow riders.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
The two biggest problems with adding highway pegs to the engine guards is;
1. the two cylinders are different lengths from the seat, with the right one (brake lever side) being closer. the engine guards are not in the same place relative to the seat on both sides.
2. the width of the cylinders, unless your legs have a 34" inseam it may be tough to make the reach.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts