BMW R1200R Forum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Beatrix - 2020 BMW R1250R Exclusive in Pollux Metallic Matte
457 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, this is very nice! Hopefully your setup is going to be trouble free in the long run, with all the extra bits.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We'll see! I have confidence in the Philips packs...reliable brand there. The lasfit H7, not so much, but at 20 for a set, easy come, easy go.I also tested Auxito, and the results were equally as good.

·
Registered
457 Posts
We'll see! I have confidence in the Philips packs...reliable brand there. The lasfit H7, not so much, but at 20 for a set, easy come, easy go.I also tested Auxito, and the results were equally as good.
In the big schema of things, this is not really about expense, otherwise we would all ride something a lot less complicated :) It is about satisfying the itch, need to tinker with the bike, make it yours... :cool:

Reactions: BimblingBimmer

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welp, mixed feelings on the results. Night ride last night with the Mrs. The high beam is fairly decent, but the low beam just doesn't get enough light on the road. The spread and pattern is good, cutoff good, but actual light or lumens downrage is unacceptable. I'm going to look at doing a lowbeam HID kit instead. Normally I would never do HID in a halogen reflector, but the cutoff is very sharp, so I'm going to give it a try.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cheap amazon gunea pig HID kit on the way. Used the same brand before ****ing around with projectors in my xterra. Cheap, but bright enough for 40 bucks to determine if a 200 dollar morimoto kit is worth it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
All of this effort because BMW didn’t include an LED light on a twenty thousand $ motorcycle…

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep. Kills me, it would've added...idk...economy of scale...40 or 80 bucks per bike probably? They already put them in as DRL. My last bike I bought an AWESOME headlight for 100 bucks from TRS. Perfect light. Oh well.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts